PLEASE DO NOT CALL US ON THE PHONE.
BOOKING IS DONE BY E-MAIL ONLY
PLEASE DO NOT SEND MP3s VIA EMAIL
Email Steven Matrick:
Include the following if applicable:
List of previous played venues in NYC
Brief description of your music, genre & instrumentation
*PIANOS ONLY ACCEPTS SUBMISSIONS OF ORIGINAL MATERIAL*
cover bands need not apply
We are very busy and get hundreds of emails a day.
Wait two weeks at least before following up.
HELP US PROMOTE YOUR UPCOMING SHOW. PLEASE SEND US:
Jpeg Images for Web / (optimally 458px wide/310px tall)
otherwise your image length will be cropped, please make sure it is at least 458 px in width
4 POSTERS (optimally 11“x17”)
PIANOS Attn: Booking / 158 Ludlow Street, New York, NY 10002
We offer stereo recordings from the soundboard for $20 and multi-track Pro Tools recordings for $60. A basic video recording is available in addition for $20.
Some Additional Tips for Booking:
• If you are contacting us and have never played here before, please allow six (6) to eight (8) weeks for a reply. Be patient.
• No walk-ins. The Pianos Booking office is by appointment only.
• In regards to booking headlining slots, we ask that you have played a few clubs in town before trying to set up a show at Pianos.
• Write clear and concise emails that contain as much information as possible. Please be honest in regards to your draw in NYC.
• If you are a touring band that can headline and pack the room, please note that when you contact email@example.com
and allow one to two weeks for a reply. If you have not heard from anyone in that time, please feel free to follow-up with email.
• If we book you a show at the club, please do not book another show in Manhattan within 2 weeks on either side of your date .
We adhere to this rule, because past experience tells us that you will seriously injure your draw at BOTH shows.
• We place weekly strip ads in the Village Voice, as well as post listings on all major NYC music blogs and websites.
We want you to do your best to bring people out to your show, we suggest:
– Sending us CDs and posters for the club and surrounding areas
– Fliering throughout the area (we will discuss where you can and can’t flier in NYC due to fliering laws)
– Using the tools available to promote your band on the Internet
– Other ideas to bring people to your show
• If you are looking to get booked for the first time, please don’t restrict yourself to just weekend dates.